Sun, Jan 27|
St. James Parish
Annual Parish Meeting
This year’s Annual Meeting is at 11:30 a.m. on January 27th. Between the end of the 10:15 a.m. service and the meeting, you are invited to break bread and other good things together at lunch.
Time & Location
Jan 27, 2019, 11:30 AM
St. James Parish, 3 Mountain Rd, Farmington, CT 06032, USA
About The Event
We can’t be a Church without an Annual Meeting. This is not because our by–laws require a meeting, but because God calls the church into community, and a community gets formed when it gathers. A group becomes a community when people come to know and trust and appreciate each other, when they work together for a common good cause, and, usually, when they share a meal together. We are a church, so we have a place where we come to worship Almighty God (so we need to paint and heat the buildings and mow and shovel the grounds). We have a God–given job to do (so we have to discern and support our mission). We have ordained clergy and we belong to a Diocese (so we have to support them and decide how much support to give).
Once a year we assemble to make decisions about these things. This year’s Annual Meeting is at 11:30 a.m. on January 27th. Between the end of the 10:15 a.m. service and the meeting, you are invited to break bread and other good things together at lunch. At the meeting, we will:
• Honor and thank our elected representatives who are retiring from the Vestry and elect officers and new Vestry members,
• Celebrate the recipients of the Order of the Fisherman, those who have given extraordinary service to the parish during the past year,
• Hear the financial state of the parish and vote to accept the financial report from last year and the budget proposed by the Vestry for the year ahead,
• Receive reports from all the ministries of the parish with time for questions and discussion.
• Express our ideas, questions, comments, appreciations, concerns, and hopes.